We Love HondasThe Power of Dreams
Honda Logo

Forums

We Love Hondas
For all and everything about Hondas!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pristine 1982 Honda Accord LX-Only 68k Miles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hondaccord

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Pristine 1982 Honda Accord LX-Only 68k Miles Reply with quote

Check out this car at Ebay Listing #330013737802, auction ends August 10th

Honda Accord ACCORD LX
HONDA ACCORD LX 3 DOOR MINT AUTO 68K SUNROOF AM/FM
Miles: 68409 Doors: 3 doors or more
Transmission: Automatic Interior: Red
Engine: 4 - Cyl. Year: 1982
Warranty: No VIN Number: jhmsz3334cc074349Get the Vehicle History Report
Title: Clear Exterior: Red
Condition: Used Inspection: --
Fuel Type: Gasoline

Sunroof. Air Conditioning

Vehicle Description
Pristine and beautiful 1982 Honda Accord 3 Door Red Hatchback with Sunroof, AC, AM/FM stereo, automatic transmission, only 68K miles. There has been virtually one owner for the life of the car. It was purchased by Mrs. I in used, but in wonderful condition, from a Long Island car dealer in the early 1980s. The car dealer was the woman’s son-in-law (he liked his mother-in-law).Mrs. I then stored the car in a garage in Mineola. Literally, the car was driven by Mrs. I (a great-grandmother, now 94 years old) for 19 years, and she only drove it for groceries and to church, and never drove it in the rain or snow. [The typical "old lady car" of all the jokes but this one is for real.]Throughout the years, the car was lovingly and well maintained by her son, an electrical engineer and sometime mechanic, who regularly changed the oil and other fluids and drove the car to make sure it ran well. A few years ago, when she stopped driving, the car was then transferred to her granddaughter. The car was again garaged, this time in Brooklyn, and was still maintained by the son. The car runs well and the only reason the car is being sold is that the granddaughter is now having twins (my grandchildren-to-be!!) and they just bought a Honda Odyssey minivan. [Yes, that makes me the Mother-in-law of the owner]It has a carbureted “CVCC” engine, 1.8 liter, 4 cyclinders, with red upholstery and carpets. While the interior and exterior are in fantastic condition, a small piece of trim is missing above the right rear bumper. The dashboard clock keeps time, but tends to run a bit fast. There is no rust, but small minor dings and scratches from being parked in New York City while being used. The oil warning bulb has been removed because the “oil alarm unit” failed, which only monitors the consumption of oil, and would otherwise stay on all the time. This was not worth fixing because oil consumption is very slight and the oil level should be checked by the dipstick every so often anyway. There were new tires put on in ’01 or ’02 and they are still in great shape. A new muffler was put on several years ago. The car starts well, even in warm or cold weather. The brake pads were also changed in the last several years. The photos show how the car was typically kept-- it was never smoked in and is clean (regularly vacuumed inside and washed outside). Typically cars are mint in the rear and the driver's seat gets "beat up" over time - I have included a picture of the drivers seat so you can see how well kept this car is.The car has always previously passed inspection and was being used up until just recently. As a legal matter, the car will be sold “as is,” with no representations or warranties. All warranties are expressly denied. The car’s shop manual is available by separate purchase for $35 but the service manual is included. The car is currently in Whitestone - on the Queens side of the Throgg's Neck Bridge - easy to reach from the Whitestone Expressway, Cross Island Parkway, Clearview Expressway, the LIE or Grand Central Parkway. Public transportation is the Q15 bus or QM2 Express bus from Manhattan. I am not near any subway station.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    We Love Hondas Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT - 3 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: